Wednesday, September 28, 2016

I will NOT put a shirt on.

After having my surgery I of course started to get nasty comments and messages - "it was my own fault for being fat" - "I need to put a shirt on" - "what lesson am I teaching my daughter? That I have to spend thousands of dollars to feel good about myself?"

At first it really annoyed me, so much so that I found myself putting on a shirt. Then I thought - EFF THAT. I will not be shamed into doing ANYTHING I don't want to do. 


I've been taking my shirt off for years - long before I had surgery.


I wasn't ashamed then and I won't be ashamed now.


This here blog, my Instagram, my Snapchat, my Periscope, my Facebook - is all about my life. Fitness and all the things that go along with it are the backbone, so if you don't like to see my body then you're welcome to not come around here anymore. I've shared the good, the bad, the ugly.

I'll also give you a eye opening tid bit - having your skin removed is not the same as them cutting off your fat. You still need to be active and eat right, so when will it ever be enough?

Hopefully never - I pray that I wake up each day with a vigor to improve an area of my life. If not my body, than my relationship with God or my family. To be a better parent than I was yesterday. To be a better business woman. To be a better friend. The day I stop trying to outdo myself will be the day I have given up.


Do you know why I've been so consistent in my fitness? I don't stop changing it up, I can name the hundred's of ways I've used to lose weight.

Running
Weight Watchers
Jenny Craig
Bootcamps
Gym classes
Spin Class
Clean Eating
Lifting weight
Crossfit
Counting macros


There is no wrong way to get healthy! I had success using all of these tools, but I get bored. Starting Crossfit this year has renewed my passion, I was getting stale at the gym. God led me here - not for myself, but for my family. In the 16 years I've been with Oliver I have never seen him stick with anything for this long. Marriage is hard, but it is less hard when we have a common interest we can share together.


and yes, what lessons am I teaching my daughter?

Hard work pays off.
Be consistent.
Take your shirt off if you want to!
There is a world outside of Minecraft ;)

Do I think she will grow up to judge me for having plastic surgery?
No. Would I have judged my own mother for doing it? No.

I'm sure she'll have her own list of complaints about how I failed her as a Mother, but that's the circle of life. I think we all judge our parents to harshly, until we are grown and see just how hard it is to always do the exact right thing. 




via Skinny Meg http://ift.tt/1XBLZZn

No comments:

Post a Comment