Saturday, October 28, 2017

Ever Actually Listened to the Words of Kermit’s Song “Rainbow Connection?” I Never Had.

Have you been half asleep and have you heard voices?
I've heard them calling my name.
Is this the sweet sound that calls the young sailors?
The voice might be one and the same.
I've heard it too many times to ignore it.
It's something that I'm supposed to be.
Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers and me.

--The song "Rainbow Connection" by Paul Williams, made famous by Kermit the Frog of the Muppets

I've heard this song dozens of time, but I never really thought about the words.

If you want to watch Kermit singing "Rainbow Connection from The Muppet Movie, it's here. In 1979, the song was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Song.

Do you pay attention to the meaning of lyrics? I realize that I almost never do.



Self Help Gurus etc

No comments:

Post a Comment