Monday, July 31, 2017

A Little Happier: My Daughter’s Ex-Boyfriend’s Mother Knew the Right Thing to Say.

I love it when people know the right thing to say.

At the party following my daughter Eliza’s high-school graduation, her ex-boyfriend’s mother found exactly the right words to sum up their hard-to-put-into-words relationship. She said to Eliza, “You’ll always have a place in my heart.”

That’s what we want to hear! I have a place in your heart.

Do you struggle to find the right words to say — at a big event like a graduation, or in ordinary life? I love hearing examples of people finding the words.

This mini-episode is brought to you by the Platinum Card from American Express. There’s a world of experiences waiting to open up with the Platinum Card–backed by the services and security of American Express.

Want to get in touch? I love hearing from listeners:

 

 Happier listening!

The post A Little Happier: My Daughter’s Ex-Boyfriend’s Mother Knew the Right Thing to Say. appeared first on Gretchen Rubin.



Self Help Gurus etc

No comments:

Post a Comment