Thursday, December 28, 2017

Mid-Week Update


So the day after Christmas I was up another pound (thanks ham, potatoes, cheese, fudge, and cookies) which wasn't a number I liked seeing at all (220 pounds) but hey, I knew there would be some tick up in my weight if I indulged during the few days around Christmas, so it is what it is. My today I am back down to 219 again (thanks water and protein and not much in the way of carbs) and think the remaining regained pound will be gone by this weekend. I am loving the holidays and spending time with family and just relaxing! It's nice to NOT be on either extreme with my eating anymore; I spent many, many years binge eating everything in sight including lots of on-sale "special" Christmas candy for the entire month of December... and then spent several years restricting and trying to eat NO holiday indulgences at all because I HAD to be perfect on my diet and lose weight (which never worked out very well and seemed to always end in overeating and feeling guilty about it). It's a good balance, for me, to be able to eat for weight loss all month during holidays but then allow myself a serving or two of the things I want to enjoy during Thanksgiving and Christmas. So yes, I had a sticky bun, yes, I enjoyed some Christmas cookies and candy. I had stuffing and mashed potatoes with Thanksgiving dinner and cheesy potatoes and dinner rolls on Christmas. A few days is not going to make or break it for me anymore. I'm back to eating my regular rotation (low carb and low calorie) and feeling good about it! I'm excited for what feels like a fresh start for the New Year.






via Escape from Obesity http://ift.tt/1DEL8xy

No comments:

Post a Comment