Sunday, October 29, 2017

Sunday Weigh In


I'm just over two months into taking phentermine and it's time for my weekly weigh-in. This week I have focused on eating as little as I can get by on and increasing my activity so that when I do stop the phentermine, I have good habits in place that I can continue, even if my appetite increases (which I expect it to do, even with low carbing). Walking, biking, and yard work are my main forms of exercise right now, and I have to say everything sure is easier than it was two months ago. I still have pain (mainly in my hips, and more severely in my left hip) but am hopeful that will settle down as I become lighter and strengthen those muscles.

Last week I weighed 235 pounds, and today I weigh 233, for a loss of two more pounds this week. That's decent but I hope to do even better next week. My time on this medication is getting short, and I'd like to be in the 220's before I have to get off of it or it stops working. I have maintained in the 220's for months at a time before (between 225 and 230 for 8 months in 2008-9, for 5 months in 2013-14, and for 5 months last year) so I know it is a weight my body can "set" at (even when I am working hard to lose weight. It just tends to settle there.) So if I can get into the 220's and stay there for awhile, I will be so much happier and healthier than staying at nearly 260 pounds where I started two months ago. I really don't know how I am going to keep losing weight once I am off phentermine though, or if I will even be *able* to keep losing. I know I will keep eating low carb, small amounts, and exercising but looking at my history I think that will probably only get me a maintain in the 220's or a very, very slow rate of loss (like 2 pounds a month). We'll see.

For now I feel good and am happy and am so, so glad my doctor recommended phentermine and that I got over my nervousness and hesitation and tried it. Twenty five pounds off has been a lifechanger!







via Escape from Obesity http://ift.tt/1DEL8xy

No comments:

Post a Comment